The Registration for "Classic Winds" International Music Festival and Competition is closed!
- The Classic Winds International Festival and Competition will take place in Hamburg from 6th to 10th of May, 2018.
- The Application procedure must be done online. Candidates will not be admitted to the competition unless payment is received. The entrance fee will not be refunded for any reason.
- All participants must arrive and register on 6th of May, 2018 in Hamburg.
- The address of the Competition is Max-Brauer-Allee 24, 22765 Hamburg.
- The address of the Final round is Harvestehuder Weg 12, Hamburg
- The decisions of the jury are final and not subject to review or appeal.
- The jury can decide to share prizes into equal parts, apart from the first prize. The members of the jury may also suggest not to give any award if they deem that no candidate is worthy. However, the Final decision will be made by the Chairman.
- All the rounds are open to the public.
- Candidates are allowed to use the score during the competition rounds.
- The Competition consists of one recital round and one round with orchestra.
- The Competition provides free accompanists upon request of the participants. Each candidate will have one rehearsal with the accompanist.
- The organizing committee may cancel the competition in case of few entries. Candidates will be promptly informed and the entrance fee will be refunded in this case.
- The programme order of the rounds will be drawn by lots at the convocation time on the 6th of Mai, 2018 at the Alfred Schnittke Academy International, Max-Brauer-Allee 24, 22765 Hamburg. All candidates must be present at the event.
- The drawing order will be followed in all rounds, except for the final round. The day and the time of the performance will be decided by the secretariat.
The order of appearance in the final will be determined by the jury.
- Candidates must fill in the application form listing their programme in the due order.
- In the eventuality of radio or television productions, audio or video recordings of the tests or of the winners’ concerts the participants have no right to advance claims or financial requests to the producers or transmitters.
- The jury is made up of renowned artists and critics. Those members who have or have had, during the two years before the starting date of the competition, didactic relationships with one or more competitors, must refrain from taking part in the discussion and in the voting during the above-mentioned competitors’ examinations.
The abstention must be clearly reported in the minutes. During the first meeting, each member of the jury must sign a statement about his/her personal situation towards the participants with reference to above.
- Financial settlements
Travel, accommodation and visa costs, if necessary, are the responsibility of the participants themselves.
All stages of the Competition may be broadcast live and/or may be recorded and videotaped for subsequent
broadcast, video, DVD, audio recording or any other format/media use.
It is anticipated that recordings of selected Competition performances will be commercially produced, that a documentary of the Competition incorporating selected performances will be produced for television, and that parts of the Competition will be made available on the Internet. Camera crews may film all Competition events.